Sunday 12 October 2003

The Bench at the Top of the Bank

Whenever I get upset or confused, I go for a walk, and I always end up sitting on the bench at the top of the bank. It was there I sat when I made the wish for us to be together, and when I realised that September would bring with it the end of us. I sat there when I feared you and I were at the end of our relationship, and I couldn’t find the courage to tell you my deepest secret. I sat there at half past two in the morning once, shoes in hand, and thought about what I had just done. I sat there at four in the morning once and watched the sun rise, the morning after I realised I had been used. And I sat there waiting for him. But he never came. And what does this tell me? The only good thing that has challenged me in the past six months is the wish I made for us to be together. And we are still together, even after all of these challenges.

No comments: