Thursday 2 December 2004

the oasis

anthony's home for good tonight. his transfer has gone through and he'll be in newcastle by either tonight or tomorrow morning. it took a nervous breakdown to get him there though.
there has been word from adam, but no word back to him. i think my cheating days are over. it never used to bother me, but now the guilt is too much too handle. i guess i am human after all.
it felt so strange to see anthony so vulnerable over the last few days. i didn't know how to comfort him; couldn't make myself watch him cry.
on sunday we went to watch the match with his uncle in a pub called the oasis in the galleries. after a few hours and a few cans on anthonys behalf, and a few cokes on mine, somehow, for some reason, he ended up going mental.
i walked away from him in the pub. said i was going home. he followed me. the galleries was empty. he flew off the handle, went nuts, started throwing me against shops windows and metal shutters, clenched his hands around my neck, threw me on the floor, kicked me in the stomach while i lay there in tears.
then the security guards came.
we left.
he followed me home. i felt numb, didn't hear him screaming at me, ignored him when he grabbed me.
after a while we were sitting in my room, he was in tears, sobbing on my blue sofa, i was on my black sofa, sitting straight and expressionless. he made the decision to leave the army then. he should have caught his train half an hour before this.
he went back to his base yesterday morning to get his car and his things. then he's back forever.
great, right?

No comments: