Thursday 18 May 2006

10

10. Someone who can’t take their eyes off me. Everything else around them is a blur and all they can see is me. There’s a fiery glow around the edges of my body. They think I’m an angel.

9. Someone who loves me so much they’d do anything to be with me. They’d drive 250 miles to spend 30 minutes with me, and then drive 250 miles back again. They’d spend any money they have to come and see me.

8. Someone who thinks of me when they see or hear something. They’ll see a flower and bring it to me. They’ll send me a text message when they hear a song they know I like. They’ll buy me a packet of sweets because they think it’ll make me smile. Wherever they go without me they pick up souvenirs for me, like boxes of matches, and I know they were thinking about me.

7. Someone who knows what I’ll say before I say it. They’ll see me looking at them and they’ll respond before I even speak. They’ll know when to ask if everything’s alright. They’ll know not to ask when I look at them a certain way

6. Someone who knows what I’ll buy when I walk into a shop. They see an outfit and imagine me standing there in front of them, at the bar with a glass in my hand. They’ll know exactly how I want to feel in each outfit. They’ll know exactly how to talk to me.

5. Someone who loves the way I never let my guard down. My cards always pressed tightly against my chest. It doesn’t matter to them. They can see through the cards, but they let me believe it’s all a secret anyway.

4. Someone who can define every blink, every sigh, every touch, every smile. We can talk to each other in this way.

3. Someone who is so amazed by the way we make love that they want part of us to stay connected all night. They sleep with their arms around me; their mouth in my hair; their heart beating against my back. In the morning I can feel him against me and I know. Warm, gentle love.

2. Someone who wishes they didn’t think about things so far into the future. Wishes they didn’t see us being together forever. Wishes they didn’t want to wake up with me every morning now and for the rest of our lives. Someone who worries that they’re no match. Worries they’ll never make me as happy as someone else could.

1. Someone who looks across a crowded room and sees me instantly. Who knows how beautiful I am from the other side of the room. Who thinks that no one could compare.

With or without glasses.

No comments: